Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere Recitation

Here's a flashback for my blog readers, dating back to 2008 when my daughter gave a poetry recitation for our American Revolution dialectic history presentation. The poem? Paul Revere's Ride by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:



Why am I doing a flashback? Because last year I was on the booklaunch team for Eric Metaxas' If You Can Keep It. In the big he made a big deal about memorizing this poem as one way to build patriotism.

Well, this year, Eric Metaxas ran a contest for young people who recite this poem, in order to commemorate Paul Revere's ride of April 18, 1775. In fact I got a cute e-mail from Eric Metaxas, of him in caricature, as Paul Revere! Wish I could share that, but you can see the videos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment