Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Organizing our Music...with many thanks to Hobby Lobby, Chip, and Joanna

October 4, 2016

As I said last autumn, instead of sewing, I was busy organizing. Here is (finally) some of that proof.

When we lived in Texas, we had a great storage unit for all of our CDs that was built into the niche of our house. Of course we had to leave that behind, which left us with nowhere to store our music. I bought these turquoise boxes which has been a help. But we wanted to put our Christmas tree here. And those boxes were a pain to move around and stack and restack all the time.

IMG_2373

Meanwhile I've been keeping an eye out for something more practical. Nevertheless, they were a great help for the last several years at a cheap price. But after 8 years they were starting to wear out.

IMG_2374

One day while I was at Hobby Lobby, I saw the solution! The price was great. The price was even better with one of their 40% off coupons. Each drawer perfectly holds several CD's. (I checked at the store).

Alas, my husband did not agree. After explaining all the positive features (practical and aesthetic) I  told him Joanna Gaines, of Fixer Upper, would love it. And Chip would let her buy it. Then my husband agreed!

A few days after bringing it home, I opened the boxes and sorted through all the music, organizing them into various genres. One of these days I'll get some chalk to label the drawers, so that is on the to-do list.

After a bit more shopping I found a lamp at At Home. That store is fun because it reminds me of Garden Ridge Pottery from back home in Texas, which was a shopping mecca. The Garden Ridge Store covered acres! Turns out, the new name of Garden Ridge is...At Home! I love shopping there!

The mirror was purchased at Hobby Lobby back when we were in Texas. I brought it down from the bedroom where I thought it would look better in the entry way. It also helps the small entryway to feel larger.

The doily is from Italy and gifted to me from my sister-in-law. It is one of my favorite presents from her. (I'll have to showcase close-ups of this and the other doily from Italy in a later post). I bought a frame for this family photo that my son took.The roses I've had for years...purchased long ago from Hobby Lobby.

IMG_3032

My daughter claimed the boxes for her various bits and bobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment