Tuesday, July 5, 2016

4th of July Flowers

Finally showing off my 4th of July flowers. This is the best set of urns to date!

IMG_1081

4th of July was yet another drippy one. For all the drought, we tend to get rain for the 4th. I really don't mind too much. We still enjoy the fireworks. We grill and crank ice cream. On this day my kids were busy at work until an early closing for dinner and fireworks. Thus I spent the day mending various items while watching Beachfront Bargain Hunt on HGTV which was a lot of fun. I got my beachy summer sunny fun that way!

IMG_1184

Chocolate mint! I was so excited to find this and had been growing so nicely. Then I sadly forgot all about it. And then it was gone. =(

IMG_1185

My hostas...

IMG_1186

IMG_1188

The New Guinea Impatience are a new attempt for the under deck hanging plants this year. Each year I try something different, hoping for success. The traditional Virginia plantings have not fared well at all, so I tried an old favorite from my Texas gardens. So far this has fared the best in this unique environment.

IMG_1209


No comments:

Post a Comment