Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dinner from the Garden, June 10

I found my roasted garlic photo! I thought I had taken one. I'll have to add a copy of this to my previous post on growing garlics in the garden. 

IMG_0507

I roasted these on the grill actually, while the chicken was cooking. I merely cut off the tops off the garlic. Laid them in aluminum foil and drizzled them with olive oil. Then I set them on the top rack of the grill while the chicken grill below.

IMG_0508

I had also picked some peas from the garden. These were the best peas we had ever eaten...primarily because they were home grown! Secondarily they were wonderful because I sauteed them with a bit of olive oil, salt and the garlic I had just roasted on the grill. Yum!

IMG_0509

After dinner I popped out all the garlic cloves to freeze, as described here.

1 comment: