Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May the Fourth Be With You

A Star Wars Bookend Story begins....

 A long time ago in the near and present galaxy,..
Episode II
THE JOURNEY CONTINUES
After a brief hiatus for Christmas holiday and winter break, a mother and father took their only son to a college far beyond the mountains, a place where the son was determined to continue his dream of pursuing a hope and a destiny...
After provisions deemed necessary for collegiate survival had been properly secured, another journey ensued to a nearby movie theater. A trip into the future was then taken to hear the story of fellow crusaders, standing for good and fighting evil...the story known as Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Thus inspired to begin the saga of rigorous study and comradeship among like-minded peers, the son bid his mother and father adieu. Many adventures from that moment were to ensue. The son would forever hold them in his memories.
On this day of the fourth of May, the mother and father returned to the land beyond the distant mountains in order to find their only son, in the annual quest to bring him home...
May the 4th be with you.


When we went to the movie theater in January, it was a freezing cold day with a hint of snow in the air. To keep warm while rushing from the car into the theater, I wore my wool coat with the hood up, and my hands in my pockets. When we entered the theater, I eventually pulled off my hood, when I had warmed up a bit. After purchasing the tickets I noticed a sign that said Star Wars costumes, especially those that hid the face, were not allowed. I paused...thought a moment...oops. I was glad no one had dubbed my attire Jedi-esque. That could be problematic if they banned me from wearing my coat into the movie theater!     

May4thbewithyou

For more Star Wars  fun...

... visit the Piano Guys via this link.

...and visit Shakespeare via this link.

...and visit From the Top for adorable kids (aka Star Wars trio) virtuosos!

No comments:

Post a Comment