Monday, May 9, 2016

A New Camera for Mother's Day

Testing...my new camera! I took this in a dark area of the living room. This is a huge improvement from my previous camera!

IMG_0001

Sadly, my old Kodak Z1015 IS camera petered out the other day, or to be more precise, it petered out at an unknown moment in my past.

2IMG_0001

In vain I have struggled to take a finessed focused shot of close-up views of everything important in matters of detail, from lovely garden florals to precision sewing stitches. I'm usually too busy to do more than simply wait for a new day of sunshine to try to take a better photo, and even that didn't always work, but last week I was determined, at dusk, to conquer. That is when I realized that my automatic setting was no longer choosing the floral (close-up) mode or the mountain (distance) mode correctly. I was surprised to see that the opposite of what was needed was automatically chosen. Nor could I choose them by the push of the button like I used to once upon a time.

At that moment I borrowed my daughter's Canon Power Shot Elph 160. I was surprised at how perfectly it took pictures. Since Mother's Day was around the corner, and since my husband prefers to have me "research/shop/make a gift list for myself, I did some research for the most bang for the buck. My budget was small. No fancy camera for me this time. However, I was determined to get the most features for the least price.

I located a Canon Power Shot Elph 360 that had the most desirable options, including some I cared nothing for (the wi-fi). As much as I deeply miss even more options (manual settings, for example) and as much as I miss having some substance to hold on to (size), I chose the tiny Canon for my new camera.

102_0001

I hope I don't break it!

102_0002

It feels so fragile, especially when I open the little compartment for the memory card and battery.


I'm still trying to figure it out. However my battery ran out of power so it is currently re-charging...which means I have time to announce its arrival! Hopefully I will soon have stunning photos to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment