Sunday, April 17, 2016

Gold and Beige Microsuede Skirt-Butterick 4136

A couple of years ago I made a skirt for myself with Butterick 4136 with some microsuede fabric with gold embossing that I found at Jo-Ann that I really liked. However once I sewed it, I wasn't sure that I liked it. It's been worn a few times, tossed in the donation pile most times, then this year I made a firm commitment to go with it since someone special did compliment me on it the first day I ever wore it. 

Butterick 4136

Here it is.

101_2322

I did use a few couture techniques as reviewed in the book at this link.

I hand picked the zipper.

101_2388

I used a catch stitch for the waist facing. I did not finish off the edges since the fabric doesn't ravel.

101_2387

I got a bit lazy with the hemline and simply machine stitched it because by then I wasn't too keen on all the embossing.

101_2386

Anyway, it's wearable. It fits. And I've decided my favorite blouse to wear with it is this creamy lace blouse by Cynthia Rowley that I bought on sale at TJ Maxx. In the winter I wear a black sweater with it if I want to wear a casual skirt during the week. I wore this today which was good for our wintery morning/spring afternoon weather.


101_2385

101_2380

101_2379

The pattern hangs well and  is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment