Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Vintage Jumper in Brown Embroidered Floral Microsuede for my Daughter-Simplicity 3673

A few years ago my daughter needed business casual clothes for college field placements. I don't remember which came first, the pattern or the fabric. Yet in the end we chose pattern, Simplicity 3673 paired with a contemporary brown microsuede with a touch of whimsy...a contemporary embroidered floral. What a cool way for a collegiate gal to blend retro with today. 

Simplicity 3673

It whipped up quickly! It's quite easy to sew! I actually sewed this a couple of years ago, so I don't remember too many details of the sewing process, so I've been working on collecting photos to fill this post. I did not make a muslin/toile for this. I do not remember how much fitting, if any, I did with her. She is so busy with college and work that often times I have a bad habit of sewing a garment and hoping it fits. Thankfully this fits.
108_0583

Here is the front view...

101_2340

I used some cotton from the fabric stash for the bodice lining. I *think* this is the only piece I used to fit her.

101_2341

Here is the back view. I handpicked the zipper, which is  my favorite way to sew the zipper. I finished off the inside seams. However the fabric doesn't ravel so I could have skipped this step. The hem was machine sewn.

101_2342

Edited: The following photos were added May 1, 2016 since she wore the jumper to church that day. I had never gotten great photos of her wearing this cute outfit before.

193_0001

193_0002

193_0003

193_0004


No comments:

Post a Comment