Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Nightgown and Refashioned PJ Top-Simplicity 3573

A few years ago for my daughter's birthday I tried to surprise her  with a few things she needed but wouldn't expect. I didn't have an extra budget so I dug through the pattern and fabric stash. She needed new nightclothes, so I pulled out her favorite pj pattern, Simplicity 3573.

Simplicity 3573

I dug through the fabric stash and found yards of this lovely cotton quilting fabric. I knew I could easily spare it and still have lots of scraps for quilting.  The buttons came from the button jar. She prefers frilly gowns to plain ones, so she got one frilly gown.

108_0633

While digging through the quilting fabric I came upon this fabric. There wasn't enough for any of the pattern pieces, however I could simplify one of the gowns by merely shortening it. The buttons came from the button jar. I bought her pj bottoms in a nice soft drapy navy blue rayon with tiny white polka dots.  It wasn't overly frilly, but I thought it had enough happening to make her happy. It did!

108_0632

I'm starting to rethink how I use patterns, and adjust according to what I have. It is such a simple thing to do while using scraps from the stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment