Saturday, December 12, 2015

Homemade Cough Syrup

I am under the weather...and coughing...again! Last Christmas I was pretty much out of commission. Christmas was a blur. I was finding gifts I had stashed away for the family in March when I was finally getting up and about and discovering a gift here and a gift there. Oh no, I don't want that to happen again!
One of my biggest problems last year was the coughing. I coughed so much I finally ripped all the muscles in my stomach area which took about 6 months to heal. All that, even though I took over the counter cough medicine and then after I saw the doctor, I took prescription cough medicine. The cough medicines did little except put me to sleep, all day and all night, which led to my fuzzy state of mind and missing out on the festivities. At least I got lots of rest.
Last winter I stumbled upon a homemade recipe for cough syrup which I saved. Now that I've succumbed to coughing again and laryngitis, I've decided to give it a go. It does seem to help, though not 100%. At least I'm alert. My side muscles are starting to become sore. I do hope I get better soon! However I thought I'd share this cough syrup recipe with everyone! And I hope your time during this festive year with family and friends is healthy!!!

101_1620

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well again. I do hope you feel better quickly and aren't out of commission for the holidays again!

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete