Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Shabby Chic Bulletin Board

Last summer my daughter and I repainted all her bedroom furniture to bring her bedroom to a shabby chic look. However I've just noticed I am quite a bit behind on a few other projects that were done before the painting. While I made the duvet cover (which was my last post) I also redecorated her bulletin board.

31
Bulletin Board (left) Duvet Cover (right)

When I first bought this typical framed corkboard, I bought some gerbera daisies in hot pinks, purple and yellows which were so trendy at the time and glued them to the perimeter. I ripped all of them off. Then I cut a piece of extra fabric left from the duvet cover to fit inside the frame. I stapled that to the corkboard.   
30
Then I glued woven burlap trim inside the frame. When that was dry I glued beads of faux pearls to the edge of that. Finally I made a bow with some ribbon that I've had in my stash for years for a finishing touch.
32

No comments:

Post a Comment