Saturday, August 15, 2015

On the Road Again

10644828_668393183291833_5877778237544473681_n

I've gotten quite a bit behind on blogging due to quite a busy summer! Mostly I've been driving for dutiful reasons and even riding along to fun places. I have many fun visits yet to share. I've been gardening and harvesting and canning, taking lots of pictures to share of that. As soon as I finished sewing the Row by Row quilt I started sewing 1950's costumes for a Sock Hop. Alas, the Sock Hop was postponed, so I'm going to add a few more things to the costumes. I'm also still working on my 19th century petticoat.  Hmmm, what else. I've been reading about Patrick Henry and even church history.
However one of the biggest things keeping me from blogging has been getting a new laptop. Amidst all the busy-ness, it's been crazy finding time to move everything over to my new laptop. I have Windows 8.1 and love it! My kids are teaching me all about it and I have no desire to go to Windows 10. I've seen it on my husband's computer and I'm liking this one much better. I'm also busy organizing things in the house and on my laptop. When my bookmarks were imported over here, everything came in helter skelter for various reasons. I now have pretty much 2 copies of everything and none of it is streamlined. All of this hinders my research for writing and sewing, so it has slowed me down. But I have found many items that I thought were lost, so it has been a good adventure. For instance I finally found my folder full of bookmarks on the Middle Ages, for history and costuming. I had collecting them when  my kids and I studied the Middle Ages the first time. When we came back to that era I couldn't find it anywhere. I finally found it last night, four years after I last taught it. Oh well, better late than never!
Since I'm so behind, I think I'm going to pick up rather sequentially. I was in the middle of posting about a Colonial Williamsburg visit, so I think I will pick up on that, hopefully tomorrow.
Meanwhile today has been quite busy working in my daughter's bedroom, redecorating it to shabby chic.  We are repainting all of her furniture to unify the colors and it's looking quite nice. Once I'm done with that, I will be sewing some clothes for my daughter. We cleaned out her closet and it is definitely cleaned out. First on the list are sleeveless blouses for summer...yet summer is almost over. 
I'm going to be sad to see summer go. I always am. Summer is so short up here in Virginia, whereas winter is so long. Having lived in Hawaii and Texas previously, I'm more used to warmer weather. This has been a lovely summer in Virginia, overall quite cool and plenty of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment