Friday, July 3, 2015

Row by Row Quilting 2015 Has Begun!


This past week my daughter and I spent 3 days out and about in Virginia to collect quilt rows. She not only wanted to come with me, but also wanted to collect her own patterns so she could learn to quilt. That has made it all the more fun! It was a lovely week out with lovely Virginia scenery to drive through in the Piedmont, Shenandoah and Blue Ridge Mountains!  I have so much to share, but right now it's time to get back to the quilting. I don't know that I'll finish a quilt in time to win a prize, since so many winners have been declared. One needs only to collect 8 free row patterns, turn them into a quilt, and bring it back to one of the stores for a prize before it's claimed! More of the details are here!

The state coordinator for Virginia has been fabulous! She is especially organized on facebook, putting each shop into their own album! That made searching for information and seeing what the rows look like so much easier than last year! Thank you!  The web site is also more coordinated which was super helpful. I merely printed out a pdf full of names of shops, addresses, and phone numbers and we were on our way! My daughter punches in the addresses on the gps and checks marks them as we go! There is even a google map to see the location of each shop. Thank you!

I have photos of each shop but I think I'll feature them with each of my completed rows. We found some new and wonderful shops and discovered cute new food stops and historic sites. The creativity at some of the shops was amazing. We were greeted by a friendly shop kitty who never left our side. And more!

Oh where to begin? Isn't this such a happy stash? Part of the fun was walking away with yet a different type of cute bag! This year I bought fabric license plates because the family lamented by not buying any last year. They will definitely appear on the front of my completed quilt. I also bought an extra little item or two, usually a bit of fabric, at each of the shops.

168_0274

Oh my, I guess we did 9 shops.  Hmmm...which ones to do for our quilt?

Jinny Beyer Studio of Great Falls
Oh Sew Persnikity Fabrics and Threads of Haymarket
Kelly Ann's Quilting of Warrenton
Daffodil Quiltts and Fibers of Nokesville
The Scrappy Apple of Winchester
Liberty View Quilt Shop of Cross Junction
Rachel's Quilt Patch of Staunton
Suzzie's Quilt Shop of Manassas
Aurora Quilts of Manassas

My daughter and I have already started sewing one of our rows. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment