Monday, June 15, 2015

A Flurry of Activity, a Black Silk Apron, and New Hats at the Colonial Williamsburg Milliner

Last week after visiting l'Hermione and the First Oval Project, we went to the Colonial Williamsburg Margaret Hunter Shop to pay a visit to a certain milliner whom we were all quite glad to reunite with!

When we entered the shop we found it in a flurry of activity as usual!

A blue cape edged with frothy lace! 

168_0045

18th century gowns for little girls are darling! That was the topic of discussion when we arrived! Now I know how to sew one, but how I wish I knew when my daughter was little.

168_0046

And more blue silk lusciousness with that lovely array of gowns on the wall!

168_0047

Since my friend knew that an 18th century black silk apron was in my sewing basket, she brought a completed one over for me to analyze and swoon over. This silk is beyond decadent! 

IMG_4506

My daughter took this picture of the new hats in the shop window. These were recreated based on an 18th century print!

IMG_4507

I am definitely newly ispired in sewing my black apron. I was originally going to make it simply, but the ruffles are now a definite must!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, those hats stunning!!! The one with the red flowers/rosettes in particular made me gasp aloud! Though I know its intended to look the 18th century part, I can't help but think how darling it could be with some 1940s looks, too - great design after all, never goes out of style. :)

    Thank you for sharing these lovely photos with us. I really enjoyed seeing them!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete