Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Snow Outside...and in the Kitchen

We had a weather forecast for a trace of snow. That was good because I had a 10:30am doctor appointment, because although I feel better (see December posts) I don't feel better. I am breathless when I talk. Waking up in the mornings are hard for me, and I'm too breathless if I get too active, so I slept in to  9am and woke up to this! Well actually a bit more than this.  

134_1539

At 9am it was 22 degrees with heavily falling snow. By 1pm when I took this picture (finally home from the doctor after precarious driving on untreated roads) it was a sunny 30 degrees and the snow had started to melt. 

134_1540

The outside snow reminded me of this Pfefferneuse that my son baked for me last night. (I wrote about the history of pfefferneuse along with some recipes here.)

134_1641

Meanwhile I am not allowed to talk or even whisper for the next 3-5 days since talking exacerbates some inflamation. I also got some other meds, so here's hoping to finally feeling better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment