Sunday, January 4, 2015

Downton Abbey Fashions for Today

Since tonight is the big Downton Abbey Season 5 opener for America, I thought I'd share one of my Christmas presents. I got this magazine full of articles and sewing projects from the Downton Abbey series. The patterns for the fashions are for modern wear, yet are inspired by the popular series. However for those where historical accuracy is not important, the projects would do well to recreate "the look" with projects for men, women and children, upstairs or downstairs!

134_1538

A few of the projects that most interest me are: the bias cut evening gown with lace capelet, the black lace dress, the flapper dress, the embroidered shoulder dress, the draped collar jacket, the embroidered dressing gown, and the cook's apron.

I think somewhere I even saw a Downton Abbey Knits!

No comments:

Post a Comment