Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Son's Graduation Photos in Washington DC

When I asked my son where he would like to have his graduation pictures taken, he said Washington DC. After eating a celebratory brunch we went to a few spots for photos, nearby Lafayette Square and the Capitol.
A photo op after brunch at Restaurant Lafayette must begin with a visit to Lafayette himself! Of course his teacher joined him! For most of the pictures my son chose the spot and who would pose and stand where.

134_0547



134_0543
With General Jackson...since he was aide de camp for him at the Battle of New Orleans in a Colonial Williamsburg EFT...

134_0541


IMG_0194


IMG_0195

IMG_0196
These particular shots of each of us were my son's masterpiece, carefully crafted and orchestraded.  


IMG_0204

IMG_0205

IMG_0206

IMG_0210
Then he carefully strategized the family photo, found a young man nearby who was quite willing to get the perfect shot, as per my son's requests, which took a couple of tries. He was really great!

IMG_0212

IMG_0221

IMG_0222

IMG_0224
I asked him to indulge me on this one and I'm glad he did!

IMG_0228


My son carefully planned this final family photo too. All the while I watched a man who was watching all the photo taking who seemed to grin a bit about it. My son asked him to take the family photo and he very kindly obliged, taking three photos in all to get the perfect shot!

IMG_0231
It was a lovely day in Washington DC to celebrate, with a cool breeze, low humidity and the temperature was in the 70's. Then to cap off an already wonderful day for a special and unique event, the San Antonio Spurs won the NBA Championship that night! Go Spurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment