Thursday, May 29, 2014

Praying for My Cousin the Fireman...who is in the Burn Unit

I was going to post a photo of my aunt of when she came to my wedding but I can't find it. Did I only imagine it?  I remember when she became a born again Christian. As much as I miss her now, as much as I will miss never having another surprise visit from her...I know one day I will see her in heaven.


Meanwhile here is a link to a news story about her son, my cousin Patrick who is in the burn unit. This news piece I think is well done and moves me to tears every time I watch it. I try not to watch it more than once a day and I am moving on in life, living day to day life with my husband and kids, but I still pause to remember and stop to pray often.


Patrick has a lot of support from family and friends and fellow firemen who are praying him through the  healing. He continues to be in critical condition as the doctors take care of him.  He has burns on his face, arms and legs, ranging from 2nd to 4th degree burns, some burns going into tissue and some even possibly in to the bone. Please pray.


I am following the facebook page of one of his fire stations. Reading the prayers of his fellow Christian firemen are most encouraging. I am so thankful for them. The firemen of South Carolina held a prayer vigil for Patrick the other night. As first responders do, they are going above and beyond the call of duty, taking care of their own...Patrick and his family. It has been a blessing and a healing.


I never got to meet my aunt's grandson, who also died in the crash.  I've seen my aunt more recently, right before we moved to Viriginia but I haven't seen her boys since we were kids growing up.  One of my favorite pictures of both of my aunts, with their other siblings (9 in all including my dad who is the oldest) is on a slide that my parents took when I first met this side of the family when we moved to Texas from Hawaii.  I can see it as plain as day...and perhaps that is how I want to remember them.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment