Sunday, February 23, 2014

Celebrating General Washington's Birthday...Twice

I missed General Washington's February 11th birthday, according to the old calendar.  We did a colonial fried chicken dinner, posted below, for Presidents' Day.  At the last minute, I decided to do a little something for Washington's official dinner, on the current calendar, February 22. After a perusal of the pantry, I decided on:


Cream of Chicken Soup (from Dining with the Washingtons)
Tossed red leaf salad with lemon shrub in a bottle, purchased at Colonial Williamsburg
Sweet Potato Muffins (from The Colonial Willliamsburg Tavern Cookbook, via Christiana Campbell's Tavern). Washington's favorite tavern, while visiting Williamsburg, was Christiana Campbell's Tavern.  Today guests are always served delicious sweet potato muffins.  I thought they'd round out the meal well.


I think it will be fun to celebrate three times next February!

No comments:

Post a Comment