Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Milliner of a Million Things

After Colonial Williamsburg's President's Day weekend events, we found some quiet moments to visit with the milliner at the Margaret Hunter Shop, one whom I've recently met in a fashion workshop! We compared notes on our projects, then as the guests filtered in, she shared the many millions of delights of a milliner shop! Listening to her was great fun, as she wove a fascinating tour of fashionable delights in such a fun way that exceeded any that I recall!

Photobucket

The adorable doll house in the corner...

Photobucket

Some proper hoops for a lady...

Photobucket

The gown!  

Photobucket

The delightful pink gown  that is currently being featured in a CW vodcast.  The story behind the fabric is exquisite!

Photobucket

More gowns...one of each please!

Photobucket

Um, yes, most definitely!

Photobucket

The milliner shared with me her secret project for the going away party for another colleague, which was finally revealed on the Margaret Hunter facebook a few weeks ago!

Photobucket

And that gown! I kept coming back to it!

Photobucket

And a furry muff!

Photobucket

Choices, choices...

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that pink dress.
    --Gena

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink gown is beautiful, but I think I love the display just as much!

    ReplyDelete