Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Colonial Williamsburg Costume Design Center Open House 2011

After the Napoleon program we hurried over to the CW CDC for their annual open house.

I have wool sitting in the dining room waiting to become a cloak! I want to make it a lot like this. One of the ladies and I talked a lot about different aspects of it. It was great!

Photobucket

I'm really not this tall. I was squished by lots of guests standing around so I had to hold my camera up high to get a full shot!

Photobucket

The Lady Dunmore gown!

Photobucket

Her parasol...
Photobucket

...with her accessories...
Photobucket

...her hat...
Photobucket

This is the hat that inspired my gown...
Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

I saw this hat in the EFT "War of 1812" scene my son was in. General Andrew Jackson and a British officer had these. They were so cool. They sit on the head, opened up, but can fold flat and be tucked under the arm! I knew my son would go nuts when he saw this. He made a version of this hat when he portrayed Commodore Hazard Perry from the War of 1812 in our homeschool history presentation 3 years ago. I took lots of pictures, even though I knew my son would want more. Later my son caught up with me and indeed, he went nuts over the hat. He made me take a million more pictures of all the detailing. I don't know how in the world I could ever recreate this hat. It's soft, made of velvet!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I've never been a huge fan of mitts, but these are lovely. Love the cream accents against the pink and the ruffles.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment