The library is not an option, timewise, for us. Besides we reference our books so often, and we now have space, so I'm happy to build our library. We have been able to budget for the books, but I always attempt to find them at lower prices. I'm always up to the challenge to save money, to maximize the budget for other things. Here are some of my tips.
- Check my bookshelf for on-topic books that I've collected over the years.
- Check a used bookstore.
- www.booksalefinder.com You sign up and get e-mails on used booksales in your area.
- Friends of the Library booksales at public libraries. Check your local schedule.
- I have a lot of friends who use paperback swap.
- I've used coupons for Family Christian, Lifeway and CBD.
- Yard sales can turn up options too.
- When I've exhausted all of those resources, I go to Barnes and Noble. I have a teacher discount card at Barnes and Noble, which gives me 20% off! On top of that, I often order enough for free shipping, tracking and speedy arrival to my doorstep! If I decide I don't want a book after all, I can easily return it. Periodically, there are teacher appreciation weeks where a 25% discount applies!
Happy treasure book hunting!