Saturday, April 12, 2008

Presidential Kitty?

I have a friend who has told me all about her kitty, named Mr. President. Can you imagine waking up in the morning, looking at the cat and saying, "Good morning, Mr. President?"  LOL  I told my husband about it and he can just imagine every time the kitty goes by, someone starts humming  "Hail to the Chief."  I must honestly say that I've been jealous that I don't have a "Mr. President."  LOL

Well that may have changed.  One of our favorite movies is "Arsenic and Old Lace" with Cary Grant.  One of the many funny things in the movie is Cary Grant's uncle, who thinks he is Teddy Roosevelt.  Every time he goes upstairs, he has to run up and yell "Ch-ar-ge!", because he thinks it is San Juan Hill. 

So, what does this have to do with a presidential kitty?  Well Slipper has a new method of climbing the stairs.  She now ch-ar-ges up the stairs crying, "M-e-o-w" at the top of her lungs!
 

Our own Theodora Roosevelt!  My husband's reply when I told him?  "Deee-lighted!"

3 comments:

  1. Our kitten meows all through the house announcing her presence and her wishes also, but she's not hard of hearing. I think she thinks we are becuase we don't jump at her beckon call. LOL

    Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MayTheyBeMightyMenApril 16, 2008 at 10:20 AM

    *hahaha* Funny! I grew up with some really "out there" cats over the years. We can't have one now, as DH is very allergic. I think I shall just live through your kitty stories, if that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. advancedmaternalageApril 25, 2008 at 6:01 AM

    We love Arsenic and Old Lace too. They just don't make movies like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete