Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where is that High Flying Object?

After our walk tonight, my son got his telescope out, to look for the space shuttle, ATV and space station in the SW part of the sky at 8:30 pm.  Meanwhile I checked the NASA sighting schedule and got more specific information for our area. We looked to the NW at 8:57 pm and we saw the space station.  The ATV was to fly across about 30 minutes later.  This is a great science project when studying the space exploration in the modern era!

2 comments:

  1. MayTheyBeMightyMenMarch 27, 2008 at 6:47 AM

    I'm a little jealous of your warmer weather. It's currently snowing outside, and I'm ready for nice weather now. . .any time. . .REALLY!


    Glad you got to see so many neat things in your night sky. We've gotten out a couple of times for important things this winter, but it's been brutally cold lately. :'P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the weather to warm up here! My kids are itching to get outside, too. They also like to look at the stars at night. We saw the eclipse a little while ago, and they thought it was the greatest thing!

    ReplyDelete