Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Son the Shoemaker

DS has been insistent that his Robin Hood character have boots.  At Jo Ann we found leather looking material in the clearance bin.  So we bought it.  I only had one idea of how to make an idea of a boot.  DS wanted the real McCoy!  There is no way I  can fathom trying to make real boots for him! I have enough with everything else to help the kids pull off this Medieval Feast!  I told ds that in the real world, apprentices work for years to learn to make boots.  Undaunted, he undertook the project on his own, after a few ideas from me.  This way he is happy because now he understands the difficulties that lie in making boots, yet they'll be made to his level of acceptance! 



Here is my young determined shoemaker.  Where does he get this drive to do the impossible???? 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see all the work you've done. I'm sure it will be awesome. What a clever boy your son is, to attempt making his own boots! Looking forward to hearing all about the Faire.

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete