Friday, October 19, 2007

Duffel Bags

I decided to make duffel bags for the kids for our trip to Colorado. They were wonderful. They are colorful, durable, roomy, easy to haul around, and most fabulous, they are easy to squish into nooks and crannies of the van! Tigger likes it too!



The next photo shows how I made this. I bought 54" wide decorator fabric (because it's wide and easy to find durable fabric) on sale, in a pattern each of my kids like. For my son, there was nothing boyish to be found, so I bought a solid navy blue and painted the baseballs on.I sewed it so that the wide part opens. It hooks up with velcro that I sewed on. Done!



Time for another trip...

5 comments:

  1. Mom2fur of Sortafrugal.blogspot.com here. Those are great! I like the way the big side opens so you can really see what's inside. And I love those cute painted baseballs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love velcro. So much easier to deal with than putting zippers in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Laurie, these are fabulous!! Thanks for sharing. In all your free time you could start a pattern business. :-)


    Blessings,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! Now that's talent. I am scared to death of my sewing machine. It sits on a shelf and taunts me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching for help with my Pfaff Tiptronic 2020 and came across your blog. I inherited the machine, so I didn't get the benefit of any instruction from the sewing salesperson. The machine sews beautifully, and I really like the ITF for slippery items. I, too, sew a lot of garments and have become involved in constructing costumes. At present I'm using my 25-year-old Elna for buttonholes and sewing everything else on the Pfaff. This is no way to sew! I have to load two different types of bobbins for the two machines. Have you found a solution to the problem, or did you wind up buying a new machine?


    Denise in College Station, Texas

    ReplyDelete