Sunday, September 30, 2007

RMNP Views, Old Colorado City and Restaurant Fun

I woke up early the last morning with a splitting headache. Restless, I went outside the cabin and was cheered by the stunning cloud show!





We packed up, and headed back to Colorado Springs for a couple of more days.  No elk there...but chances of seeing bear are better!  Would this be the year?

We strolled through the nearby quaint town of Old Colorado City nestled at the foot of Pikes Peak.

Two shops here are my favorite....a tea shop, where I purchased a tin of chocolate mint tea, and a yarn shop, where I couldn't decide on anything!

Afterwards we had dinner in Colorado Springs at a German restaurant, Edelweiss. We were entertained by some German musicians in costume.  The weather was nice, so we sat on the patio, surrounded by flowers, for dining...my favorite type of dining. I'm not a fan of German food, but I found some good continental items to choose from.  They had a great chef salad with berries that I enjoyed.  My husband though, loves German food, so we all found something to please us.


Another great restaurant we found, Guiseppes was once a railroad depot. Now that I'm looking for a link (on my new blog in 2014) it appears as though it has closed. What a shame. It was a unique and fun place to be.  Here's a write up on the history of the depot, the first building in town, dating back to the 19th century. Did Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman ever use that depot? Here's the story on some history and the closing. Hopefully a great business can allow it to thrive again.

2 comments:

  1. L'Arc de Triomphe, as amazing as it is, doesn't hold a candle to God's creation, I think! Your pictures are gorgeous--and how on earth can you blog while camping? I am impressed. I think I have one more picture of l'Arc that I'll post in a minute, since you studied it.


    Warmly,

    Lori


    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing clouds! All your pictures are so clear and beautiful. Tea and yarn....they go great together. What a quaint little town. I don't think I've been there - pretty sure I would remember it if I had!

    ReplyDelete