Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Secret Sister 2006 from Michigan

Now that I'm blogging I'd like to share about a Secret Sister program I participated in last December. In an on-line yahoo homeschool support group I'm with, we sign up to be prayer partners and exchange an ornament. This was my first year to participate. I sent a gift to a neat lady in West Virginia. I received a gift from Michigan!

The theme was snow...I think because she gets a lot and we get only a little! She knew that I had homemade ornaments on the tree, so she made an ornament for me representing the two of us. I don't think she knew I have grapevine wreaths in my house though. She put a bluebonnet on the state of Texas and a snowflake on her state of Michigan.  

101_1629
She even gave each of my kids snowmen ornaments!
101_1631

101_1637
I also got this cute little gift book.
101_1639

I can't find it but I even got a journal with writing prompts on each page. I've already started it. When I find it I'll add a photo. We even got some chocolate to enjoy. This was fun to arrive on this day in December, because my husband had been out of town all week for work. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment