Friday, August 24, 2007

Garden of the Gods and Manitou Cliff Dwellings

After a picnic lunch in the Garden of the Gods (Garden of the Gods is in the foreground and Pikes Peak in the background) we went hiking. I love Garden of the Gods! We always make several visits here in one vacation because we can always pop in and squeeze a bit of time hiking and relaxing!
Photobucket

Cathedral Spires...
Photobucket

Kissing Camels...
Photobucket

Scotsman...
Photobucket

Window to Pikes Peak...
Photobucket

Siamese Twins...
Photobucket

We also spend time at the Manitou Cliff Dwellings. We had never been here before but we've certainly been intrigued. These are literally built into the cliffs. When you go inside and look out the window, there is a massive drop to the ravine below. I'd have been terrified if I had lived in these many, many years ago with little children running loose. I hope no one ever fell out of a window!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. the pictures are just beautiful. I love the one of the rabbit.


    Thank you for all the comments you have been leaving me on my blog. I'm enjoying getting to know you. :-D


    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bunny is so cute!! We loved Garden of the Gods too! In fact, I feel like we took the same vacation only a few years apart!! :-) My parents have a picture of all us kids "holding up" balance rock, so when we went there 9 years ago we took a picture of our 1 year old daughter and all her cousins holding it up too. Very cute. Cannot WAIT to go back!


    That restaurant sounds very cool, my 8 year old son would love the train theme.


    Blessings,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful it all is. Noticed the background change. You're well on your way to customizing your space. Love the morning glories. Hope you are having a wonderful vacation.

    Blessings.

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete