Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Museum Style Dialectic History Presentation of Ancient Cultures

We studied a mix of ancient cultures last winter.  This time for our museum style history presentation, I had the kids choose specific people to become and prepare speeches for their chosen character.  I was Deborah (from Judges), dd was Ruth, and ds portrayed a Phoenician merchant of purple dye who came to know the one true God through some Hebrews he met while trading.  I had the dc write KWO (process of prewriting from IEW) and practice their speeches.  They wanted me to do it too, so I did my best to set a good example!

Ancient Culture History Presentation


After we introduced ourselves, we ate!

Food from the Ancient Cultures


I decided to feature some foods of the regions and spices to make the table prettier. My daughter made a list of foods that she found in the Bible and other books we studied. That list became our shopping list! 



After we ate, we had show and tell.  The dc showed off all their projects and answered all of the guests questions.

Here is the table on Ancient India:

Ancient India


  Ancient China:

Ancient China


Here is dd showing off her lantern after the history presentation:

Chinese Lantern


Ancient America:

Ancient America


The Hebrews:

Hebrews


Ancient Early Greeks:

Early Greeks

1 comment:

  1. Dana @ School For UsApril 30, 2009 at 5:49 PM

    I'm really enjoying looking at your blog. I have been researching TOG for about a month now. My daughter will be in 4th grade next year and we'd be doing Year 1. Can you tell me what you need to add to TOG to have a "full curriculum?" I know math & science (I'd think), but what about grammar & spelling? Are they covered?

    Thanks,

    Dana (drleeds at sbcglobal dot net)

    ReplyDelete